Lauren –
Your “Fired Up” posting was a very interesting read! What a great title too! I really enjoyed reading the story of the great Chicago fire from a “local’s” point of view. I can tell that you really are proud of where you came from and enjoyed sharing that story. I too am from the Midwest and have been through Chicago a few times, so I enjoyed your story all the more.
“Italian Influence on America” was also an interesting post, but I thought that it lacked some depth and personality. While all of the facts that you presented were very interesting, I felt as though I was just reading facts. Maybe if you had focused on one area of contribution and then elaborated on a few contributions in that area the piece would have had a little more depth. I thought that this was a difficult posting to do myself, but you did a very nice job conducting research!
Aubrie -
You did a great job writing an interesting intro in your “Is Materialism a Menace?” piece. I was intrigued while reading your first few sentences, but your use of Twitchell’s quote really got me “hooked” to keep reading. I thought that you did a great job of supporting your idea in the following sentences and then wrapping everything up with your own opinion at the end. This is definitely a strong piece.
Your posting on German contributions was very interesting to read. I felt like you started out in the beginning, introducing the reader to some of the very first German’s to make contributions in America. The only thing that I would recommend is a stronger closing. I felt like I was reading your second supporting paragraph when suddenly it ended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment